Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Auditioned!!

Well, part one of the audition is officially over. I did my preliminary audition a little over an hour ago, in about twenty minutes or so (maybe a little more), they'll post a list of finalists. If I'm a finalist, I have to go back tomorrow and play again for them.

Even if I didn't make the finalist list, I am still proud of how I did....I played really well. I went in, the five judges asked me, "How are you today?" It was a nice gesture, certainly helped me feel a lot more comfortable. Then they asked what I would like to start with, and I picked the Preludio from Bach's E major Partita (Partita III). I had a grand total of about three slightly off notes, thank goodness. They asked for Bruch after I had finished, and I played through the first page and a half, with maybe two small mistakes.

Well, off to check the finalist list in a few minutes here, I'll post again later with more about the last few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment