Friday, September 24, 2010

So, about China.....

So I realized that I never finished explaining the horrendous amazingness of China and Taiwan, evidence again to the fact that I am horrible at remembering to blog.

China.....it was a mess, what else can I say? Those who were on the trip were scarred, I think, particularly by our smelly squatty potties, PVC pipe showers, and plywood beds. It was delightful.....oh, and there were bedbugs, too. Quite lovely!! We ended up leaving almost a week early, and going to a FIVE STAR MARRIOTT HOTEL IN SHENZHEN. It was FANTASTIC. We spent three nights there, then went to Hong Kong for another four nights, or something like that. Many good times ensued.

As for Taiwan, I loved it, it is a great place to be for so many reasons, but I realized that I would never want to live there. It's a little too oppressive for me....they're all about the facts and the statistics and things like that, instead of about freedom of expression and artistic endeavors. Not really my kind of place, if you ask me.


More tomorrow, on the wonders of college life, and so forth and so on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment